Moving doesn’t have to be stressful. Avoid the headaches of a poorly planned move with these tips!
Planning various elements of your move ahead of time will make moving day easier. Don’t leave things until the last moment. As soon as you know you are moving, start planning!
- get that moving company researched and booked
- prepare a checklist for all the tasks to be done
- write a list of everyone that must be contacted for address change
- make arrangements for child care on moving day
- contact your insurance company
It is a smart idea to start your packing as soon as you confirm you are moving. The longer you leave it the harder it is to pack your items properly. Last minute prep for a move is stressful and exhausting.
- pack those items that are seldom used first
- de-cluttering and packing can be done at the same time
- get plenty of boxes
- remember boxes for items you will donate
- pack room-by-room
- label every box or bag
- leave the children’s rooms until closer to moving day
- use your luggage to pack items
- use linens and clothing to wrap breakables